Monday, November 16, 2009

Meet Your Maker: Holland Cox

Valerie Williams is the designer behind the one-woman-shop Holland Cox.


Her collection includes seven handbag styles and more than a dozen accessories, all handcrafted in the brightest and boldest fabrics. Everything at Holland Cox is always limited edition, and always made with love and care by Valerie.


Why we love her
"Holland Cox is a company founded on the idea that high fashion does not have to be mass produced, ridiculously priced, or covered in logos. We think fashion should be about being yourself while looking fabulous, not looking like everybody else. We strive to provide our customers with beautiful products that are well made, reasonably priced, and incredibly stylish. We also strive to support other independent businesses that share our ideals and emphasize handcrafting."


About Valerie
"After several months of rushing home after work every day to sit at my sewing machine or in front of my sketch pad and dream up things to make all evening, it occurred to me that my quarter-life crisis might be over. I really just want to sew all day long. One day I threw together scraps from two skirts I had just made and an old pair of pants I had recently converted to shorts. What I got was the very first Holland Cox handbag, although I didn't know it at the time...since then I've been working hard to make my dream of having my own business a reality, and here we are."


And here she is! Find beautiful bags by Holland Cox at the Holiday Heist!

Besitos,
Vanessa


No comments:

ShareThis