Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Meet Your Maker: Block Party Press

Polymer clay: The words evoke memories of sitting at my kitchen table, playing with Sculpey and cheering at the success of my baked-hard project (which usually were inscence holders; simple, as I'm no scultpor).

Those memories are a distant cry from Block Party Press, where artist Tamara Shea creates polymer clay jewelry, accessories and home decor by carving her own stamps and adding color with acrylic paint.


She also creates tree collages out of old catalogs and digital colored pen and ink drawings, which are available as prints, cards and other goodies.


Why we love her
"As with many artists, I have been drawing and making things for as long as I can remember. Sometimes my brain overflows with more ideas than my hands and my wallet can keep up with. I love texture, patterns, contrast, color (especially red, white & black and any pastel color paired with chocolate brown)."


"For fun, I love creating art with recycled items(trash). I am self-taught through much trial and error and a SAHM of 2 boys, although I guess I am a WAHM now. I hope you enjoy my creations, as much as I enjoyed creating them!"


Block Party Press will be partying with us at the Holiday Heist Craft Show next Saturday! See you there!

No comments:

ShareThis