Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Things we love: Everyone Needs a Whiskerbear

While at the Ballston Arts & Crafts Market in July, I had the pleasure of meeting Phil Barbato, who makes these cute monster stuffies:


We were absolutely smitten with his booth, so naturally we had to share this.


The green one kinda reminds me of the Muncheechees (Anyone? Anyone? I may have just dated myself...). Could they look any happier? On his Flickr page, you can find hilarious profiles for his monsters, such as Thomas Ap Catesby Jones, a U.S. Navy Commodore during the War of 1812 and the Mexican-American War.
Phil's favourite part about doing that crafty thing he does so well? "When I'm finally done with all the sewing and stitching and I turn the fabric inside-out and get to see my finished creation for the first time. It never gets old."

Besitos,
Vanessa

No comments:

ShareThis