For five hours – from noon until five — a portion of historic West Street above State Circle is closed to cars and transforms into a fun festival of live music, dance, art and crafts. The Festival, which continues around the corner into Whitmore Park, is free and a family affair for all ages. It’s the perfect place to enjoy an afternoon outdoors surrounded by talented performers, musicians, and over 90 booths of arts and crafts. Plus several of the West Street restaurants become outdoor cafes with perfect seating to watch the fun and people go by!
New this season to every First Sunday in Whitmore Park: Swing Dances!
• Swing Dancing, hosted by GottaSwing, will be featured at each First Sunday this year.
• Free Swing Dance lessons given from 1:30 – 2:00 p.m.
• Swing Dancing from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. accompanied by the New Legacy Jazz Band, followed by DJ-music that will keep the party going until 5:00 p.m.
Performing on West Street during the Festival …
• Sparks, Raymond and McCoy – have appeared throughout the region and perform an acoustic mix of folk and rock music — from 12-noon – 1:30 p.m. in Wiseman Park.
• Annapolis Arts Alliance Member Exhibit –showcasing the rich artistic life of Greater Annapolis – from noon until 5:00 p.m. in Stan & Joe’s side lot.
• Unified Jazz Ensemble – A local favorite, the UJE, as they go by, bring a creative trio of the area’s finest jazz musicians together — from 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. in Wiseman Park.
Can't make it on the 6th? There will be four more opportunities to enjoy First Sunday’s activities in 2010: July 4, August 1, September 5, and October 3.
For vendor information, call: 410-741-3267 or click here!