Sunday, August 2, 2009

DIY: Matchbook notebook promos

Want to show off your handmade goodness? Make yourself some handmade promos! Here's one that's fairly quick, easy and functional for recipients--matchbook notebooks!


What you'll need:
-cardstock or other fairly stiff paper
-thinner paper for the interior (I like to use orphan tractor-feed paper)
-stapler
-paper cutter (scissors would work too, but a paper cutter helps keep the lines straight)

You'll also want to somehow get your shop name on there. I like to print mine, but you could also hand write them, use a sticker/mailing label, etc. In addition to my shop name/url, I like to print one of my designs or something related to my shop on the covers. You could also use decorative paper, cut out images, use a rubber stamp, etc. (have fun with it!).

Getting started:
The size of these can really vary--it all depends on how big a matchbook you want to end up with.

The cover: I make six covers using one 8.5" x 11" piece of card stock. That means each cover piece is approximately 2.5" wide and 5.5" tall when cut. (This makes a finished book that is about 2.5" x 2.5")

Interior pages: You'll want your interior pages to be slightly smaller than the cover. With the above cover specs, my interior pages are approximately 2.25" x 2.25." How many pages you'd like to include in each book is also up to you. Experiment to see what works best for your books and stapler (12 pages works well for me).

Assembling:
Fold each cover piece approximately a quarter inch up from the bottom.

Insert your interior pages and place a staple in the center.


Fold your cover over so that it tucks into the flap above the staple.


If you haven't done so already, decorate your cover, add your shop name/url and start handing them out!

1 comment:

Herban Lifestyle said...

Wonderful idea! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing this...

ShareThis